Welcome to Messiah Lutheran Church
The Season of Easter, 2021: "Christ is risen! He is risen indeed!"
Messiah is a Christian community of over 1000 people who gather at our church and school in Fairview Park on the western side of Greater Cleveland. Our habits have changed during the pandemic. Many of us are still participating mostly online. Others are starting to come back to church, especially as vaccines become more and more available. We look forward eagerly to the day when the blanket lifts and we can fill our building again.
As of April 18 we are offering two services on Sunday mornings, at 8:30 and 10 am. The 8:30 service is livestreamed and available for viewing throughout the week. You can reach it through our website.
Our Sunday services are open for in-person attendance, though with protocols in place.
- No more than 65 attending (in a sanctuary that seats 350).
- Masks are required.
- We insist on social distancing.
- We are not singing together at the 8:30 service. Quiet singing with masks in place is permitted at 10 am. (Look for changes in this as infection rates go down.)
- We restrict building access to our main doors.
- We ask all in-person worshipers to register in advance. See below for details.
Messiah remains active in many other ways. To explore this, we invite you to sign up for our weekly emails. Our key ministry is Messiah Lutheran School, offering a superb Christ-centered education for children from Preschool through Grade 8. To learn more, visit the school website
+ + +
Worship Schedule and Registration
Sundays, 8:30 & 10 am, with Holy Communion.
Sunday, April 25
An option for receiving the Sacrament; offered in Messiah's Atrium.
Two persons or family units per half-hour time slot. See below to register.
Wednesday, April 21, 4 to 6 pm
Saturday, April 24, 9 to 11 am
Wednesday, April 28, 4 to 6 pm